Update Facebook Page Profile Picture March 3, 2010
I’m frequently asked how to use Facebook by clients — especially Facebook Business Pages (aka Fan Pages) for business promotion. So I’ve decided to post some Facebook how to’s as I field these questions.
Here’s how to change or update a photo on your Facebook Business Page to be used as the Profile Picture:
- Sign in to Facebook (NOTE: You can skip steps 2 and 3 if you have a direct link to your Page.)
- Navigate from your personal Home page by selecting ADS and PAGES in the left hand navigation
- Click VIEW PAGE beneath your page name
- Hover over the photo with your mouse and click on CHANGE PICTURE, then UPLOAD A PICTURE
- Click CHOOSE FILE and navigate to the picture on your computer, select it and click the CHOOSE button to accept
You can click to edit the Thumbnail of the image similarly: Go to step #4 and click EDIT THUMBNAIL (instead of Upload a Picture). Hover over the Thumbnail and your cursor will change to a directional tool. Click and hold the Thumbnail as you drag it to the desired spot. Currently, thumbnails on Facebook are completely square, so parts of rectangular pictures may be cut off. Basically, the only remedy to this is to make your picture square — but that often results in undesirable white space around the image.